All Puckered Up for Suja's "Pucker Up"!

02 August 2017

Naturally, after spending many nights staying up late studying (emphasis on dying), my immune system took a hit. I started coughing a bit here and there accompanied with sniffling. So when I was did my grocery shopping a few days ago in the produce section, the juices called out to me. I wandered over to them and saw Suja's display, something I've been eyeing for a while. I remember I looked them up a while back and discovered that they were a juice cleanse, and that piqued my interest. Anything and everything "healthy" piqued my interest when I started taking care of myself better!!

The thing is, though, I didn't remember that it was a juice cleanse a few days ago.

That said, when I was figuring out which one to get, I decided that I needed one with a lot of vitamin C, one that would cleanse my system. The fact that it has probiotics and the all natural cleanser, lemon, called out to me. I grabbed a bottle of "Pucker Up" and a bottle of a sweet one to chase it with since it has cayenne pepper in it. (Although, I haven't touched the sweet one yet!)

This drink contains water, pineapple, lemon, maple syrup, and cayenne. I love the fact that the naturally acidic fruits didn't cause my stomach to act up! (Especially since the day before I had two-thirds of a litre of lemon water that did a number on my system.) And it wasn't overly sweet; you could taste the sweetness of the maple syrup as it balanced out the acidity in the drink. The cayenne pepper, on the other hand, burned as if it were cleansing my esophagus! Oh my gulay, it was intense and worrisome since I was on the rebound after drinking too much lemon water. In the end, I had to drink it little by little until I finished it.

I'm glad I picked it up and tried it! I definitely feel a wee bit better after drinking it, but I think I would have to drink it consistently in order to stay better in the short-long run. Would I buy this again? I don't think so. A bottle of this cost $3 -- THREE DOLLARS. I could use that money towards my ultimate baeverage, coffee! Yes, it's a baeverage because it keeps me running.

Anyway, have any of you tried this? What did you think? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you see?

newer older Home