Indianapolis, IN, USA

Klairs Soft Airy UV Essence SPF 50 PA ++++ Review

03 January 2019


Hello, lovelies!

How have you been? It's been a hot minute since my last post. Actually, now that I think about it, it hasn't been that long when you consider I post every blue moon.

Sad, but that's the truth.

In any case, I hope you're doing well! And if you're not, I hope you'll be well soon. <3

Let's get straight to the point since you came here for a review on dear Klairs Soft Airy UV Essence SPF 50 PA ++++.

BACK STORY

I spent a good part of this year searching for a POC (person of colour) friendly sunscreen without much success. Believe me, I combed through blog articles of multiple sunscreens that claimed that x sunscreen was THE HOLY GRAIL for POC only to be left disappointed.

The proof is in the collection of drugstore to high end sunscreens on my teeny bathroom counter.

Sighs.

It's not easy looking for sunscreen when you're a POC. On top of looking for one that agrees with your skin, you have to find one that doesn't make you look like ash was dumped on you.

Deeply sighs.

So when I opened the email from Wishtrend a few months ago and filled out the survey for a product that promised it wouldn't leave white cast, I was skeptical.

It didn't help that it's from an Asian skincare brand either. If I couldn't find a sunscreen from American skincare brands, then how on earth do you expect me to find one from Asian skincare brands? Especially since a lot of them are for whitening the complexion or are for lighter complexions?

Multiple deep sighs.

But I took a leap of faith with Wishtrend. They haven't sent me a product that my skin didn't like, so it's unlikely it would start now!

The Product

Packaging

The shipping was fast, although there were a few hiccups since my apartment complex no longer informs the residents when there's a package waiting for them -- but aside from that, I got it within the week of filling out the survey. It came tightly wrapped in bubble wrap so no damage was done to it!

Unboxing it was a dream, since Klairs' packaging is so simple and beautiful. It comes in the standard glossy white box with a holographic image of the product on the front. On the rest of the box, you have Korean and English translations of what the product does and how to use it.

What I love about this product packaging wise, is that the tube comes to a tip and that fits into a raised circular surface in the cap. This allows for the product to stay fresh


Description

Description taken from Wishtrend.com.

The Klairs Soft Airy UV Essence SPF 50 PA++++ is an everyday sun protector for sensitive skin. As is it water-based, it holds a gel-type texture to give a soft weightless and light finish. Also with its high SPF and PA level, it completely guards the skin against UVA, UVB without leaving any greasiness or white cast.
Volume: 80mlAll skin types
Containing ingredients that helps to brighten, hydrate, and protect:
  • Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil (aka Sea Buckthorn Oil), in Korean cosmetic, the ingredient is listed as 'Vitamin Tree Oil' and it helps to supply the skin with moisture.
  • Tocopherol is an antioxidant that fights against free radicals found in the skin.
  • Panthenol, beta-glucan, and allantoin soothes, relieves skin irritations.
  • Niacinamide is a skin brightening agent and helps to brighten the overall skin tone.

Let's revisit Sea Buckthorn Oil. I learned a little bit more about this powerful and potent ingredient from articles on Into the Gloss and the US National Library of Medicine. According to them, this little berry's oil is full of carotenoids; vitamins A, C, and E; and omega 3, 6, 7, and 9 oils. All of these ingredients help with aging, moisture retention, collagen production, and healing skin damage and scarring.

Ingredients

Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Butylene Glycol, Dibutyl Adipate, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Silica, Cetearyl Olivate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Panthenol, Beta-Glucan, Disodium EDTA, Citrus Junos Fruit Extract, Adenosine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol, Allantoin, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil


Here's a link to the CosDNA page with a full rundown of the ingredients that I uploaded: http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_3076402350.html.

Note that there are essential oils, but they're non-irritating. Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Oil gives the sunscreen an orange-citrus scent while Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil and Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil help retain skin moisture.

Review

Going off of the last section, I didn't notice a scent when I first applied this product, however I read that other reviewers have. I swear, that's the only thing I was looking for in other people's reviews! I didn't notice any scent, so I wanted to know if anyone else did or if it was just me. I guess it all depends on the wearer's nose.

Aside from that, I am madly in love with this sunscreen! Like I said earlier, I've gone through a few sunscreens since this spring/summer, and this is the only one that works for me. It doesn't leave me with white cast, doesn't leave me greasy, and is nourishing and hydrating for my skin.

Okay, let me clarify the greasy part. I have combination skin, so it can't be helped that my T-zone will get oily after wearing this or any non-mattifying sunscreen. It doesn't bother me, but it does bother my mum who prefers the matte look. To get rid of the shine (or dewy look, depending on who's looking), I always keep a pack of blotting sheets in my bag. Sometimes I'll use my setting powder if I pack it -- which isn't often. Usually that's when I'm travelling and have my makeup bag on me.

The texture is amazing and sinks into my skin without any problems. With other sunscreens, I notice that I'm sticky for quite some time after application, but with this sunscreen, I don't notice any stickiness after a couple of minutes!

And as for white cast? I love that there isn't any! Oh my gosh, YAS THERE IS NO WHITE CAST! None when you apply it, none when it sets in. Absolutely no white cast.

And on top of all of this, I haven't broken out since I started using it back in September.

Yes, I've been testing it out for that long.

(Again, I'm sorry, Team Wishtrend!)

Not once did I break out because of this product. Usually it's because of poor diet, lack of sleep, hormones, or some combination of all or two of those. (I may have forgotten to wash my face in the evening more than a couple of times -- okay frequently. You caught me.) Anyway, I can say for sure, without a shadow of a doubt, that this product did not break me out.

All in all, because this is the only sunscreen that has won my seal of approval this past year, it definitely deserves a solid rating of

5/5

because it has little to no scent, the wealth of nourishing ingredients, amazing texture, zero white cast, and no breakouts!

YouTube

And, hey, definitely check out my video down below! I swatch the product on my face and include a few other points that aren't included in this post.



I hope you guys enjoyed reading and/or watching! I'd love to know if any of you have tried this, and if you have, what are your thoughts? OR are you going to try it? I'd love to know either way!

I hope you guys have a great one! If it's not a great one, make it a great one, and I'll talk to you in the next one!

Love,
SamiJoie



Links





No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you see?

newer older Home