Facetime Friday: Gifts and Updates Galore!

25 January 2014
Heyllo, lovelies! How are you today?

So, early this morning, YouTube finally uploaded my video! It’s the first in a new series that I hope to keep going. It’ll contain anything from reviews to shopping hauls, advice, and just me plain out talking. It’s essentially a free for all! I hope to actually get them uploaded on Fridays from now on instead of early morning Saturdays now that I know how to resolve common audio issues. 

Enough banter. Let’s get onto the pictures!

List of gifts:
  • Starbucks gift card from Sarah;
  • Tumbler set from Jasmine;
  • Gloves, Bath & Body works goodies, mug, and card from Trinh;
  • Keychain buddies from Thu;
  • Bath & Body Works goodies and Photojojo lenses from Mum
For starters, the first gift I received was a Starbucks gift card from my lovely friend Sarah who knows that I am insanely dependent on coffee to start my mornings off right! Also, she enjoys a cuppa joe herself—except in the form of a frappuccino. Sadly, I don’t have a picture of the card since I loaded it onto my Starbucks app—and I kinda lost it after I had done so! Hahaha!…Ha…

My next gift was a set of artistically designed tumblers from Jasmine! (Laughs) She, too, knows how much I love coffee. After all, she and Trinh are the ones that have seen me drinking coffee in our AM classes together. I seriously love the line and geometric designs that cover the tumblers. I rotate between the two of them at home when I’m drinking tea so that I won’t have a huge mess to clean up were I to knock one over. I don’t use them at school as much since I’m constantly moving. I had an unfortunate mess to cleanup in my backpack with a different tumbler that had a sliding switch to close it. What would happen were I to use these in my backpack?

Ah, but, yes. Why would I put it in my backpack? It’s winter at the present and negative something degrees. My gloves aren’t thick enough to withstand it so I keep my hands shoved in my pockets, gloves and all!

Either way, Jas, if you’re reading this, they are being used and are wonderful! I promise to drink the latte mix as soon as I find it. ^0^
image
image

Dear, dear: Trinh knows me well. She got me a mug that is freakishly adorable! Freakish? Why? Well, take a look…

image

It’s a talking cuppa tea! It’s freakish in a good way that it’s so adorable! It’s a mug of adorable-ness! I love the colour scheme and the drawing and the red handle—it’s a happy mug!
In addition to the mug, Trinh got me some goodies from Bath & Body Works in my favourite colour: BLUE! Not only that, she made me some arm warmers since my arms and hands have a tendency to freeze up which leads to massive stiffness and pain. She made them using a mint blue/green yarn that I chose from her stock collection.

image

(Fragrance: Sweet Island Cotton)
Thankfully, this is one of the fragrances at Bath & Body Works that I canwear without getting a headache!

image
image

I posted two versions of the glove to show how the colour varies in light. A post with me modelling the gloves will more than likely follow!

Apparently cute runs in Trinh’s family because her younger sister Thu (she told me to call her Two, though) made me two adorable keychain buddies! She made my favourite animal, the orca, and a Pokemon that I am not familiar with…? Hahah! I can’t keep up with the growing population in the Pokemon universe.

image

Last but not least, is the set of goodies my mum got me when we went to Bath & Body Works over the holidays. Let’s start with these:

image

(Fragrance: Twilight Woods — my favourite scent hands down)

image
(Scents starting from left: Be Enchanted, Carried Away, and Twilight Woods)
I grabbed a few tubs of these since there were on a huge mark down and because they seriously lock in moisture. They make my hands feel good! This is my first time having them, but I’ve already tried the one in the middle and I LOVE the consistency of it! My hands also get extremely dry from washing and just plain out dry, so this body butter does the trick in relieving that.

The next item added to our shopping bag were these two bottles of lotion. Both of them are from the Paris line, a line that I love! It’s girly without being too girly. It smells great too and doesn’t make my head want to burst! (Does that happen to anyone else when it comes to some of the fragrances at Bath & Body Works?)
I have yet to try Sweet on Paris, however, when I smelled it at the store it smelled great. Yeah, that’s all I can say about it. I can’t really remember the fragrance and I don’t have it in front of me. Lemme pull up what Bath & Body Works says about it… According to Bath & Body Works, Sweet on Paris is an
enticing medley of juicy blackberry, lemon meringue, and creamy vanilla, inspired by the sweet temptations of Parisian patisserie.” [link]
Well, doesn’t that just take you to the streets of Paris??
The second lotion I got is currently one of my favourites: Paris Nights. It’s a romantic seductive fragrance. Well, if you pull it off right with other elements, it can be seductive. By itself under every day wear, it’s not going to cause a reaction from the boys like it does to girls in an AXE commercial. (Like that ever happens in real life, but you get where I’m going with this, right?) If I were to go out on a date, I would probably use this at night but not to try to seduce anyone. I just feel like it’s a night time scent even though I use it during the day time. 
image
(Fragrance: Sweet on Paris & Paris Nights)
The last item we got is certainly my favourite out of the bunch! My momma picked it out for me, and I was a little apprehensive towards it at first until I got a whiff of it a few days ago. I love how girly, innocent, romantic and fluffy it smells—just like a first love or puppy love! 
image
(Fragrance: Sweet Peony Dream)
The design of the bottle is another reason why I enjoy it so much. It’s so curvy and womanly with a flower attached at the waist that can be removed. I don’t like glitter as much as I did when I was younger, but I love it on the bottle. The glitter was part of the reason why I was a little apprehensive to it… LOL!! 
image

Aside from the design of the bottle and the scent. I AM SERIOUSLY IN LOVE WITH THE CAP. I love how it reflects things back to you! 

Anyways, guys, sorry for the long post! But I took pictures and thought it would be a waste to not use them. 

Thank you thank you thank you to everyone for the gifts! I love each of them! As for the Photojojo lenses, a review post/video will follow in the near future. Sit tight and keep in touch, lovelies!

Love,
SamiJo


No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you see?

newer older Home