Summer Loving--I mean WEDDINGS!

27 June 2014






Hello, lovelies!
I’m back…briefly because I am tired and travelling home at present. I thought I would do a post in the meantime, though, on

WHAT’S IN MY MAKE-UP BAG?

Let’s take a peek into my Tarte bag, hmm? I have a stick of deodorant because, let’s face it: IT IS FREAKING HOT. The MidWest is killing me right now and summer just started. Ugh.

My brother stashed his hair product in here. I actually like this one. It smells great and doesn’t make his hair sticky unlike products he used in the past.

Next would be Mum’s Revlon eyelash curler and a new brush from EcoTools that Mum swears by. She has her own and has been using it for some time now to apply both wet and dry foundation. So far, the bristles haven’t clumped together after a few applications. She says they haven’t done so even when she’s applying he makeup nor has it lost any bristles on her face! I guess I’ll have to try this sometime…

For now, I apply my foundation using my fingertips. I borrowed Mum’s CoverGirl Tru Blend in M5. I was a little apprehensive to try it since Mum’s skin is shades lighter than mine, but this matched flawlessly and went on lightly. Plus plus for me because it’s hard for me to find a foundation the feels just right and looks just right. I’ve tried high end and low end and so far this one works—well, for now. We shall see if I break out after this.
On top of that, I applied a *brand new* wet and dry pressed powder foundation from Ulta called Double Duty that Momma got me. I didn’t realise she got me one! Just like the foundation, it went on nicely and matched perfectly. It covered my brutally shiny face for the entire ceremony up until now as I type this.

Now, you guys might not know this about me but I SUCK at applying eye makeup so I generally stick to a winged eyeliner and mascara (when I want to up my game a little bit). I used Revlon’s stiletto liquid eyeliner for the wing and Rimmel London’s pencil eyeliner (not pictured) for my eyelids since those seem to hate liquid eye liner for some reason or other. I followed that up with (leave Mum to rescue me when I can’t find waterproof mascara at home. She handed me a brand new set!!) a few coats of Ulta’s Plush Drama volume mascara followed by the Rain Coat waterproof topcoat. So far, my eyes are doing great! :)

To finish of the eyes, I filled in my brows first using Mally’s eyebrow filler in taupe to shape and then brushed in the rest with Smashbox’s eyebrow set. After that, some Carmex and a touch of Mally’s lipgloss in Southern peach which were later stored in my Ivanka Trump wristlet.

See ya later, guys! I’m beat and would like to take a nap until we get some caffeine.

Stay lovely!
SamiJoie


PS
Taking photos in a moving car sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you see?

newer older Home