Foodie Fridays | FiFi's Lunchbox [Terre Haute, IN]

22 January 2016
Hey, guys, and happy belated New Year! I hope your year started off wonderfully. As for me, my year started off with a clear head and plans for the year that I'm going to put into action--starting with YouTube! Actually, it started with my studies, but...you're here for food right? So let's start there.

I don't know if any of you have noticed, but I've added two new series to my YouTube channel within the past few weeks. One is SPAM, Sami-chan's Portal Around the Midwest, while the other is FATY! or Food Adventure Time Yeah! This series is honest to God all about food. Food places around the Midwest, cooking, and baking--just everything food! The Midwest is a melting pot of the East and West coasts as well as down South and everywhere around the globe. THE PROBLEM IS finding them! But I'm going to make that easy on all of us by going around the Midwest starting in my lovely city Indianapolis.

BUT the first two videos take place in Terre Haute (on the banks of the Wabash River, anyone? Anyone get that reference?). The first video features me and my girl Cori trying food after dissolving miracle berries on our tongues. That was a mind bending experience that I recommend everyone to try out. You can buy some berries online from Amazon (http://amzn.to/1OnZwN8).

The second video features Cori, my baby bruddah Jeremy, and I trying out a locale restaurant called Fifi's Lunchbox. Head over to the channel (or click below) to check out what we ate and what the place looks like because I forgot to snag some pictures of the place besides the food.



For those who stuck around to read the rest of the article, the three of us hung around after eating to talk with one of the owners of Fifi's. What we found out is that Fifi's started off as a food truck going to local events that the three of us went to when we were kids serving homemade comfort food--it's comforting to me at least. Haha!!

But, really, everything is homemade--including the bacon. Bacon this, bacon that--bacon everywhere! They have a bacon latte for crying out loud!

On top of bacon, they have a lovely list of beers (although, I wouldn't know since I'm not much of a drinker) along with coffee and free wifi. Before I forget, they also have awesome desserts including a gluten free option. They also have salads that sound great. I almost had one but decided against it when I saw the Darth Vada burger (click the video to find out more).

Did I mention BACON?

So, what are you doing? Check them out if ever you're in the Haute!




No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you see?

newer older Home