Graduating? Let's fix your skin, lovely... [part 1]

14 May 2017
Oh my gulay, it's been a hot minute since I last posted. Cue the moment of silence for my dead New Year's resolution every single year to make a post on this blog.

Anyway, graduation is around the corner for me -- okay, she's coming in hot and fast in the next 39 hours according to a countdown app I found on Google. That said, your girl needs to look somewhat decent the day of graduation since it's a day of pictures and walking on a stage while praying to God you don't trip since you're a klutz that can trip on anything. Bottom line, your girl needs to have decent looking skin and that means lightening as many dark spots from acne scars as possible.

So I started on a skincare journey last week two weeks ago, telling myself that I will religiously abide by the routine. A little more than a week later, I have broken that routine by not following through at night. Thankfully, I didn't wear makeup last week. The downside, though, is that since my skin is a bit troubled at the moment, that didn't help either. But, ever since I cut back on makeup, my skin has been looking healthier. Let's take a look at my check-ins, shall we?


Morning Routine
+ Klairs Rich Moist Foaming Cleanser
+ Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner
+ Valentia True Glow Eye Cream
+ Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop Serum (Vitamin C)
+ Simple Protecting Light Moisturizer w/ SPF 15
+ Eyebrows


Evening Routine
+ Heimish All Clean Blam
+ Shea Moisture African Black Soap Problem Skin Facial Wash & Scrub
+ Klairs Supple Prep Facial Toner
+ Valentia True Glow Eye Cream
+ Peter Thomas Roth AHA/BHA gel
+ L'Oreal Revitalift cream


 First Day: 30 April 2017







Check in #2: 01 May 2017




I decided to add a hyaluronic acid sheet mask since I was feeling it for some reason? I can't remember, it's been a while.



This mask was so thin and saturated with solution that I was so surprised! Definitely loved it and would use it again. (I think I have another on in the refrigerator...)



Check in #3: 02 May 2017




I'm honestly not sure if anything has lightened... This set of pictures was taken with my DSLR -- the same goes for the first set of pictures. The second were taken with my phone camera. (Stupid Samsung and their cursed beauty filter that even though is on 0 still does some correcting. Amirite?)

That said, the following set was taken with my Samsung so there's some correction due to the camera in order to make my camera look a little flawless -- just a little.



Check in #4: 05 May 2017




See? It looks corrected. Anyway, I'll be back with more recent pictures and hopefully some from graduation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you see?

newer older Home