That's a mad looking burger...

22 August 2016
No, really, my burger from Blind Owl Brewery looked extremely mad when I picked it up off the plate.

Such an angry looking burger...
Side view of my angry Viking Ranch lamb burger.

Look at it's bloodshot eyes! It looks like it when through hell and back. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I'm sure that's something Sarah would say since she stared at me coolly across the table whilst commenting that I killed a baby lamb. Honestly, I didn't kill the baby lamb for my lamb burger -- but I was eating it. 

Anyway, we're getting off topic. I got the Viking Ranch lamb burger, Jere (brobro) got a crab cake burger, Sarah got the Early Riser with tomato aioli, and Whitney got the classic mushroom and Swiss. Jere's had some pretty good seasoning and overall a great crabby taste -- as in nothing artificial. On the other hand, mine was seasoned rather oddly that I found myself forcing my burger down. I couldn't place what they used to season it with, but whatever it was, it wasn't my cup of tea.

Would I order it again? No. Would I recommend it? Yes only if one is craving lamb that much. Really, I wouldn't though.

Whitney and Sarah's burgers looked splendid in comparison to mine. I don't know if I would pay the price tag for them when I could something similar to them elsewhere at other local restaurants for cheaper. 

On the plus side, the service was fairly good since our server helped us as best as he could. I also received a deduction from my receipt -- a deduction none of us figured out why it was made. Looking back now, maybe they realised I didn't like my burger and knocked a few dollars off our total. I probably should have tipped more....

Anyway, enjoy the rest of the pictures below, and check out their website here for their menu and prices!


View from outside.

I love how the set the brewery up in the restaurant.

The bar.

Overhead view of our food.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you see?

newer older Home