On Wednesdays we wear confidence

23 October 2019



(Click here if you came from the Instagram post.)

On Wednesdays we wear 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖋𝖎𝖉𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖊.

Since posting the last picture, quite a few people have asked me how I’m so confident. To be honest, this is a question I’m often asked and, to be honest again, the answer is

𝑰'𝒎 𝒏𝒐𝒕.

It just looks like it.

If you were in a room with me and a few other people, I would 10/10 be the least confident person in the room. In reality that’s not the case, but to me it feels that way. (And to everyone else who might have the slightest bit of low confidence.)

“So how do you do it?”

Before answering, let me tell you that I had zero confidence in my looks when I was reviewing these pictures almost a month after they were taken — actually, even right after they were taken.

And here’s why: I can’t help but look at the stretch marks on my arms, how fat they are, the way my chin looks and lack of a defined jaw. And don’t get me started on my nose — and cheekbones. I’ve had makeup artists and friends tell me that I have high cheekbones, but I don’t see it (them?). I hate that you can see the texture from my KP on my arms. I dislike that I don’t have a trim waist (you can see the fat roll in the previous post). I hate how my eyes have different shapes so one looks more rounded and smaller than the other. Makeup already sucks with hooded eyes, let’s add to it by changing the shape just a smidge so it’s THAT much harder to do a winged liner.



This is why I’m behind the camera instead of in front of it. I find the finest details that no one would see because, instead, they see your smile or the way you’re looking at the camera; the way your hair is falling effortlessly when it took a team of people to get it that way; or the way you look in whatever you’re wearing.

But here I am posting these pictures because I know I felt good when I took them. I know that I like my smile, and, damn, my brows look decent for once. I like the lighting — yeah, yeah, I know it has nothing to do with me but the picture overall. I like the way the bralette looks on me. I’m learning to accept my stretch marks and my bat wing arms. I like that my shoulders aren’t sloping as much anymore. And, dare I say it, that little acne scar on my chest is kind of…seductive? 😛 It’s like a beauty mark that leads the eye.

Oh, I’m going to hear from my mother about that one.

My confidence in these pictures came from the fact that I found something cute to wear and wanted to show it off. Other times it comes from dancing around to a catchy song. Most of the time it’s an “F it” mentality or “crap, it HAS to be done” plus an adrenaline rush. In terms of myself, I usually find something I like about myself and run with it. 


The thing is, I’m going to be like everyone else and say that it comes from within, HOWEVER, it can come from external sources like that awesome song (my go to has been Normani’s “Motivation”) that I dance to or my trusted group of girlfriends (thank you, ladies, I love you guys so much!) Confidence, especially self confidence in your own looks, can come from the fact that no one else sees the same imperfections you do. In fact, it’s entirely possible that they don’t see them…or maybe they love them? 😉

Haha! I’m going to leave it at this. I have nothing else to add to what has been said about this topic except that I’m learning to love the imperfections only I see. It’s a process, and one that has been a long time coming.

Oh, one thing to add: Maybe I'll do this again whenever I get new bralettes from Aerie? 😂


Outfit (or lack thereof 😅)
Bralette | Aerie Romantic Lace Padded Bralette
Necklace | Dogeared Pearls of Love



No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you see?

newer older Home