Nashville, TN, USA

Nashville Vacay day 1: Why are there religious billboards everywhere?

20 August 2014
Hello, lovelies!!

In an earlier post (or was it my last one??), I remember mentioning that the gals and I planned a trip to Nashville. Well, we are here right now. We had some lovely adventures on our first day that I will blog to you about. Starting now.

Y'all know when you're heading south when you see billboards about Jesus and your salvation or impending damnation every half mile. 

Maybe even less.

Comforting...
What you didn't know is that you would be seeing billboards of the world's largest underground zipline tours every half mile located in Louisville, Kentucky, usually paired with the salvation/damnation signs. TBH moment here: Whitney suggested ziplining during the planning process of our trip, but I was reluctant due to a fear of heights. So, what on earth made me suggest (me, yes, me, the person who was adamant to not do such an activity--my friends don't know that part...yet) we go ziplining in the world's largest underground ziplines? (Thinking back now, I think Whitney suggested it after seeing some of the boards, but no one heard...)

Oh, well, it was probably because of the one million billboards we saw advertising the Louisville Mega Cavern. I don't know why I went along with this or even opened my mouth about it or have any idea as to what happened to the rational part of my brain--even after reading the sign below. Like, who wants to zipline through hell? Okay, maybe not literally (although, can you imagine the lawsuits that would occur if that were the case?), but the setting was enough! RED lights everywhere and a won-der-ful tour guide with a deep demonic-sounding voice. 

Welcome to hell...
So why did I not put together that if--if--we did fall, we would be falling 70+ feet to solid rock and not softer dirt were we to go ziplining above ground in trees?

Ugh.

Despite my banter about not being rational about the whole thing, I had an awesome time! No, seriously, I did! The sites were beautiful and breathtaking--in some cases, literally. I definitely had to employ some deep breathing methods on the longer lines. The two suspension bridges we had to cross weren't as bad as I thought. They were the ones, though, that you normally see Indiana Jones crossing--but they weren't as bad as zipping through the air. But, now that I think about it, what would I have done if a plank came loose? Uh...

Let's not think about it. Instead, let's take a look at how happy Whitney and Sarah looked after completing the course!


Don't they look happy? And adorable?

That's what I thought. ^_~

From Louisville, we drove straight to our chalet--um, well, we detoured at DQ where Nour had the cutest popcorn shrimp I have ever seen, and Whitney and Sarah had the most delicious and chocolate-y blizzards to date. And then we drove straight to the chalet.

Our drive is a story in itself best saved for later...and so it shall be saved...for later.

For now, check out the vlog! Link below.

♡SamiJoie


No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you see?

newer older Home