The smell of Kalahari melons in Georgia | Hask Beauty Shampoo Review, First Wash

16 June 2016
So the family is out on vacation this week to Georgia! The last time we ventured down south, we passed through Georgia briefly therefore only catching a glimpse of this beautiful state. This year for our family vacation, we decided at the last minute to venture down to Savannah where the beautiful Gone with the Wind was set. (Although, a four hour movie isn’t an ideal movie to watch, but you have an interlude, right? Haha! Vivian Leigh and Clark Gable are gawgeous together. Same with the set design and costumes! I need to re-watch it…😍)



Since we’re traveling, I was a little weary as to what kind of shampoos and conditioners we would get in our hotel rooms since my hair is colored now as of January this year. Not only that, my scalp is finally feeling somewhat normal since it’s usually dry. I was able to remedy this by using Head n Shoulders consistently the past couple of months. Anyways, when traveling I don’t typically bring my own shampoo and conditioner until this trip since Brandbacker and Hask sent me a sample of Hask’s Kalahari Melon shampoo for color treated hair to review. In the package, they sent me a full size of the shampoo and conditioner, a packet of deep conditioner, a tube of hair oil, and a bristle brush. Just so you know, I started using the hair oil last week and it smells so so soooo  good! The shampoo and conditioner is no exception since I tried it last night!



Having said that, last night I took shower at the hotel when we got into Georgia — mind you, not Savannah. I used the wash set and OH MY GAWD it smelled so good! Afterwards, I kept my hair wrapped in a towel for about half an hour to soak up any more moisture before applying the hair oil and letting it air dry to about 75%. Right before bed I tossed my hair up into two buns so I would have some sort of wave action the next day. I removed the buns this morning after dressing and cleaning up and my hair was so soft and smelt so good. I was honestly surprised that it was still soft since whenever I put my hair in buns after letting it air dry and applying x oil or x leave-in conditioner (the x’s are there because I don’t remember what I use — I just kind of grab them, y’know?), my hair comes out oddly textured — almost wiry in feeling.

After using the wash set, I noticed that my hair looks more vibrant in color than it has been the past few months while using Head n Shoulders. Also, when I used it, I noticed that it cleansed my hair and scalp thoroughly. I was skeptical at first since the label said it primarily uses oils. How can oil cleanse? Then again, people use oil as makeup remover so I guess it could work with hair then to remove dirt.

I’m glad I’m given the opportunity to review this set since Hask promises that their products are “free of sulfates, paragons, phthalates, gluten, drying alcohol and artificial colors” (HaskBeauty.com). On top of that, they include that Kalahari melon is “known to thrive and retain moisture in the driest conditions.” I guess this is why my hair is so soft! Below is the full description for the products from Hask’s website.
Shields & Replenishes With Color Shield Complex A UV absorber to protect colored
hair from damage & fading. Free of: sulfates, parabens, phthalates, gluten, drying alcohol and artificial colors.Preserve and nurture color treated hair with HASK Kalahari Melon Oil Color Protection Shampoo. Found in the African desert, Kalahari melon oil is known to thrive and retain moisture in the driest conditions. This natural color-locking, damage-blocking powerhouse ingredient counteracts dry-out and fading, leaving hair nourished and shiny. With Color Shield Complex, cranberry and sunflower oils, this shampoo delicately cleanses to help maintain long-lasting vibrant color.
I’ll keep you guys posted on how the rest of the week goes with my hair and momma’s! She colored her hair last night at the hotel. My apologies to the hotel staff for the maroon colored towel. :( Come back later in the week for another post or two since I was my hair 1-3 times a week.

If you guys want to check out this product and/or where to get them, here's the link: Kalahari Melon Oil.

Written on 14 June 2016
Sponsored

EDIT: Read days 2 & 3 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you see?

newer older Home