Days 2 and 3 with Hask's Kalahari Melon Shampoo, Conditioner, and Hair Oil | Review

27 June 2016
Day 2: Wednesday 15 June 2016, Savannah, Georgia

Happy birthday to me!! Ah, I’m feeling old at 23 with adulthood looming ahead of me. I’ve the victory lap ahead of me at uni since I transferred so adulthood is put off for another year — and I am a-okay with that!

Anyways, I washed my hair, yet again, with the set and moisturized it with the oil. My hair is just as soft if not softer than the first use. I’ve noticed that my hair doesn’t get oily by the next day like it does with other shampoos and conditioners! Another plus for Hask!


Day 3: Friday 17 June 2016, Isles of Palm, South Carolina

FINDING DORY COMES OUT TODAY! And it’s the day we went to the beach. Dory versus the beach. The beach won since we came this far and there isn’t a beach close to us back home.

I’LL SEE YOU SOON, DORY! I LOVE YOU! *tears*

Dad was giddy like a school boy holding a puppy that we were able to swim in the Atlantic. The days leading up to this trip and our arrival at Isles of Palm, he would make mention of swimming in the Atlantic almost every few hours while confusing it with the Pacific. 

We had a great time at the beach, spending a good two hours in the water. Mom and Dad would switch out to watch our things on the beach while my brother and I jumped through some waves. We played with how far our parents would let us go out, noticing how the water changed in temperature quickly and their concerned looks. (Only Dad dared to go out as far as Jere and I did.) It was all good and fun until my throat started hurting from the salt water that got into my mouth on the few occasions I slipped underwater after getting caught by a wave.

That was about 10 minutes in.

*sigh* 

As you can tell, it’s been a while since we last went to the beach. Actually, I haven’t swam since elementary school, but that’s a story for another time.

About halfway through playtime, I felt my hair. It was chunky and weighed down by the water. The texture completely changed. It dawned on me that I should have read up on how to take care of color treated hair at the beach.

I so should have. Once we got out of the water, I tried my best to separate my hair with my hands careful to not pull anything out. That was a chore that became worse with a proper hair brush. Ugh. My hair felt nasty.

And I had to sit with it through lunch and the 30 minute drive back to the hotel.


I showered after my brother and Dad, relieved that the Hask set was able to restore my hair to a more normal state. I think after another round of shampooing my hair will be back to the softness that I’m familiar with when I first started using this set.

See ya, guys, soon!

Sponsored

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you see?

newer older Home