Valentia Royal Rose Serum | Review

04 July 2016
Ah, this is a long awaited post since February of this year. I received this product from BrandBacker and Valentia for my opinion earlier this year but couldn’t formulate one within a week of receiving it because I don’t normally wash my face in the evening.

Yes, I know this is bad, but when I came home from school this last semester I was so exhausted. I’m not used to staying on campus till about 9pm or 10pm. We were there this late for activities that my brother got us into. I was primarily in them because I’m his driver (he’s fresh to driving in the busy city) and then became head photographer for one of the events without knowing until the week before.

So I extended my time so I could actually use it consistently for at least a week. Unfortunately, I didn’t take pictures, but my face really didn’t change when using the serum. It did improve but that’s because I changed from a Korean acne regimen to Murad because the Korean one caused some nasty outbreaks about halfway through. (I used it from February to the beginning of May when Jere and I came home from uni.)

Despite that, I’d like to believe that it did help calm my skin down when I used it night, the only time you’re supposed to use it. It had a faint rosy scent and is made of 98% natural ingredients. I’m fine with the scent being faint since strong floral scents give me headaches. When applied to the face, it absorbed after about a minute or less. I lose time whenever waiting; I’m usually impatient! I’m tired and want to go to bed haha!

I stopped using it recently since I’m monitoring my face for now while using Murad and only that until my skin is somewhat normal. I’ll probably go back to using it sometime in the near future. Supposedly, serums are good for summertime since they’re lightweight.

For those of you who are curious, according to Valentia, this serum is nourishing and will
  • deeply moisturize skin
  • provide antioxidant protection
  • soothe & nourish dry skin
  • smooth skin tone and texture
  • boost skin resilience.

It goes on to list the important ingredients that contribute to the results listed above:

  • Rose Damascene: One of the most nourishing and skin friendly natural oils, providing balance, moisture, and a variety of vitamins and minerals to the skin.
  • Niacin amide (Vitamin B): This potent vitamin has been clinically prove to fade away hyper pigmentation, sun spots, and acne .
  • Rosehip Seed Oil: Naturally rich in Vitamins C & A, these essential fatty acids work quickly to lock in skin’s moisture.
  • Evening Primrose Oil: Provides light, non-oily moisture to the skin, never clogging or irritating the skin.
  • Bearberry: Reduces melanin production, thereby lightening the skin, revealing a brighter complexion.
  • Lavender: Heals the skin, treating pimples, wounds, and sores.

I’m familiar with all of the ingredients except for bearberry. That’s truly a first for me to hear. I must say, this tiny bottle comes packed with everything good for your skin at any age. It’s moisturizing and nourishing at the same time, helps with acne and scarring as well as fine lines. It’s a little army that works while you rest. If you’re interested in the product and/or would like to learn more follow the links below! 

If you’ve heard of this before and/or have tried it, curious, ask away in the comments! I’d love to hear what’s up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you see?

newer older Home