ootd | A secret tied with a black bow

03 October 2014
Lovelies!

How are you? I thought I would start off my evening with a Flashback Friday...to YESTERDAY! Yes, today I will be covering yesterday's outfit of the day that transformed easily into an outfit for church.

Now, here's a little background about my style when it comes to dressing for church:

  1. If it's a Thursday, I want as much as possible that whatever I'm wearing in the day to be appropriate for when I go to church at night. It cuts down on the time I spend trying to decide on what to wear--especially since my classes finish during rush hour.
  2. I have a TON of blue and black in my closet, so don't be surprised if you see a lot of those two colours.
  3. I normally don't add accessories. As an organist I like to keep everything simple so nothing acciddentally hits a key. BUT...
  4. It's like I'm laughing at some secret joke.
  5. ...this is an exception.




So starting with my jumper/sweater (depends on where you're from)...it is a sheer, almost metallic-y silver one that was made by Avec. I covered up underneath with a pink cami, paired that with jeans and threw on my white slim Chucks [link to similar]. For a final touch, I added the black jewelled bow ring. Isn't it cute? It makes me think of that trick when you need to remember something. (Thankfully I didn't have to remember anything except for getting to class on time and how.) Anywho--I traversed around campus to my only morning class in this comfy outfit, however, during my morning class it turned cold and started raining so this outfit wasn't exactly ideal until the afternoon.

Ugh. Midwest. You gotta love her bi-polar weather.

NOT.

Never in a million years will I ever. I mean, it's so hard to dress for four seasons in one go! You have to have a pair of shorts with some leggings, a pair of rain boots with heavy duty socks, a tank top, an oversized sweater, a winter coat, umbrella, and a scarf and mittens. And a pair of flip flops or rollable flats tucked inside your backpack or purse--whatever floats your boat.

That may or may not be an exaggeration, but this is coming from 20 years of experience.

Just saying.

Anyways. Later on, when I was getting ready for church, I removed the jeans, added a black flare skirt (old) and added a sequined collar necklace in silver and black flats. I've had this necklace for a while and never did I think I would use it until last night. I didn't know what to pair it with in the past until yesterday! You guys have no idea how happy it made me last night when I saw that it looked perfect with the jumper. The last picture is only a scratch on the surface of my excitement.


It looks like a real collar but all of us know it isn't! ^_^
I hope you guys enjoyed my post! I've gotta study since I have a big day tomorrow with Nour and barely anytime to do any of this shiz on Sunday.

Ciao, bellas!

xoxo SamiJoie


No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you see?

newer older Home